• Queens University at Kingston
• Research St. Joseph's - Hamilton (RSJ-H)
• Sinai Health System (SHS) (formerly Mount Sinai Hospital (MSH))
• Sunnybrook Research Institute (SRI)
• The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
• Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre (TBRHSC)
• Trillium Health Partners
• Unity Health Toronto (comprised of Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph's Health Centre and St. Michael's Hospital)
• University Health Network (UHN)
• University of Guelph
• University of New Brunswick
• University of Ottawa
• University of Toronto (UofT)
• University of Waterloo
• University of Western Ontario, London
• University of Windsor
• Vitalite Health Network (New Brunswick Regional Health Authority)
• William Osler Health System
• Women's College Hospital
• York University (data only)
• Baycrest Health Sciences (Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Baycrest Hospital, The Baycrest Day Care Centre, The Jewish Home for the Aged)
• Carleton University
• Centre for Addiction & Mental Health (CAMH)
• Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation
• Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital (HBK)
• Kingston Health Sciences Centre
• Laurentian University
• Lawson Health Research Institute
• McMaster University
• Michael Garron Hospital, Toronto East Health Network
• Montfort Hospital
• North York General Hospital
• Oak Valley Health (comprised of Markham Stouffville Hospital and Uxbridge Hospital) – signatures pending
• Ontario Agency for Health and Promotion (Public Health Ontario)
• Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR)
• Ottawa Hospital Research Institute (OHRI)
• Ontario Tech University
• Provincial Health Services Authority BC
• BC Cancer, BC Centre for Disease Control, and BC Children’s and Women’s Hospital
At Commercialization at UHN, translating research and enabling partnerships for maximum patient impact is at the core of what we do.
We work to advance research to benefit society, together with the exceptional researchers across our ecosystem and globally.
Whether the commercially promising collaboration is big or small, short-lived or long-term, we invite you to connect with us to explore collaboration opportunities.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a collaboration.
Are you currently collaborating with a UHN researcher? If you have recently reached out to a UHN researcher with respect to a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA), please ensure you have provided:
• Full contact information including your name, company name, email address and mailing address
• A list of other parties involved including their complete contact information
• An outline of the material, equipment or data being exchanged
• Any important deadlines to consider
• Full name of the Principal Investigator (PI) at UHN you are working with
Our researchers will be in touch with our MTA team to facilitate your request.If you need assistance with a request for materials, and this is your initial point of contact, please reach out to us at MTAs@uhn.ca, providing the information above and the name of the UHN PI you are working with.
Are you involved in COVID-19 Research? You’re invited to join our national initiative!
If you are a Canadian hospital, university, or federal/provincial government entity or other not-for-profit organization in Canada, we have developed and would be pleased if you considered joining the “COVID Master Data & Biological Sample Transfer Agreement.”
This simple to use, streamlined template allows for inter-institutional COVID research (both basic and clinical) to be streamlined across the country.
The template has been achieved through ‘easy to agree’ terms, and a simple ‘implementing form’ approach which allows flexibility for additional and/or overriding language to suit each situation if necessary, and we are pleased to extend its adoption widely.
In fact, at least 40 institutions across Canada have joined the shared template model since the initiative began in 2020.
Already a signatory?
If your institution is a signatory to the COVID D/MTA, you can use this expedited agreement process. Download the easy to use template here.
The Toronto Academic Health Science Network, of which UHN is a member, comprises academic health organizations providing leading edge research, teaching and clinical care in and around the greater Toronto area.
All members share a joint mission of health and biomedical-related research and work cooperatively to facilitate and enhance collaboration among researchers. As part of a collaborative initiative among the TAHSN institutions, a simple D/MTA template.
has been adopted for common use with the aim of enhancing research partnerships, through an efficient and timely exchange of data and material for research purposes across TAHSN institutions and researchers.
Once completed, please email it to: TAHSNSimpleDMTA@uhn.ca
Request or share materials (Material Transfers: D/MTAs or MTA)
We welcome you to contact us at email@example.com to discuss the details of your situation or interest in collaborative research at UHN.